Hot Off the Presses
The Fall 2017 issue of the Operator Digest! Click Here to View!
EOCP Salary Survey - Final Results
When the EOCP completed a survey of its membership in 2016, many respondents asked us to complete a salary survey. Click here to view highlights of the salary survey data including charts – the survey results are also published in the October 2017 issue of the Operator Digest . Please Click Here to View the Results of the Survey
EOCP 2016 Annual Report and AGM
Some key highlights:
- The development and deployment of the EOCP’s new IT system – this is the EOCP’s largest project to date, and it is on budget;
- Our new facility classification models are undergoing final testing, and will be ready for a roll-out in September 2017;
- Our new Competency Framework has been developed. This is a made-in-BC framework that is developed for Operators, by Operators. Consultation on the Competency Framework will begin in the Fall of 2017;
- The Water Workforce Strategies project’s Implementation phase will begin this year through a Water Workforce Commission comprising of EOCP, ASTTBC, and APEGBC;
- Our audited financials show that revenues are up, and costs are down, and work continues to make the EOCP as financially sustainable as possible;
- Our CEO, Kalpna Solanki, is the new Chair of the Canadian Water and Wastewater Operators Certification Committee.
We thank-you for your work to enhance the role of Operators and the EOCP – our success is a reflection of your very generous efforts.
Kalpna Solanki, CEO
Pat Miller, Board Chair
FluksAqua – ONLINE FORUM FOR OPERATORS
FluksAqua is the online community for water and wastewater operators in British Columbia, the Yukon, Canada and worldwide. FluksAqua is a meeting place where water industry experts (that’s you!) from utilities of all sizes and locations connect and help each other to solve day-to-day operational issues.
Ask your questions or share your knowledge and experience on our Q&A forum. Each week thousands of your peers visit FluksAqua to find solutions and exchange information. Join your colleagues and help the water and wastewater community better manage its water and wastewater systems. You are an expert; the industry needs you!
Recent Fluksaqua Conversation
We asked, you responded, we listened...
During our recent Operator Survey, you asked for math test questions. We have compiled 50 with answers provided on page 9. Click here to practice your math skills.
AWWA Publication - Online Tools and Resources
Certified water operators are a crucial part of providing an adequate and safe supply of water. AWWA has publications, online tools and other resources needed to become to an operator. Check out some of their information by clicking here.