To prepare for Levels I to IV exam, you can:
- Study the Need-to-Know Criteria for your appropriate discipline and level:
- Water Treatment: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017WaterTreatmentExams.asp
- Water Distribution: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017DistributionExams.asp
- Wastewater Collection: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017CollectionExams.asp
- Wastewater Treatment: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017WastewaterTreatmentExams.asp
- Learn to Navigate. Experience ABC’s Computerized Exams.
- Review Sample Exam Questions.
Need Math Questions Only??
Other important documents provided at all exam sessions:
- EOCP Conversion Chart
- EOCP Formulae, Conversions, and Abbreviations
- Candidate Instructions for ABC Web-Based Examinations
- ABC Canadian Formula/Conversion Table for Water Treatment, Distribution and Laboratory Exams
- ABC Canadian Formula/Conversion Table for Wastewater Treatment, Industrial, Collection and Laboratory Exams
For Small Systems, check out the options below to learn how to navigate and try sample questions:
And the following are links to sample exams:
Study the Need-to-Know Criteria for your appropriate discipline:
As of 1 January 2018, there is only one exam and certification for Operator-in-Training (encompassing Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection, and Wastewater Treatment).
Photo Identification Required to Write Exams
Please ensure you bring valid government issued photo identification with you to your exam. The invigilator will be checking I.D. before your exam can be given to you.
Valid government issued photo I.D.’s are:
- Valid drivers licence
- BC Services card
Late Arrivals, Rescheduling and Cancellations
If you arrive within 30 minutes of the exam start time and have a valid reason for being late, you have the option to write the exam. You will only have the remaining time allotted for the exam session to complete your exam. For example, if you are writing a 3-hour exam and arrive 30 minutes late, you will have 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete your exam.
If you feel you cannot complete your exam in the reduced time, you have the option to reschedule. If you choose to reschedule, a reschedule fee will be charged.
If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the exam start time, you do not have the option to write the exam and will have to reschedule.
Please contact the EOCP office for rescheduling or cancellation requests. A fee will be applied to those requests made less than 8 days prior to your scheduled exam date.