To prepare for Levels I to IV exam, you can:
- Learn to Navigate. Experience ABC’s Computerized Exams.
- Review Sample Exam Questions.
- Need Math Questions Only?? – Review Sample Math Questions.
- Study the Need-to-Know Criteria for your appropriate discipline and level:
- Water Treatment: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017WaterTreatmentExams.asp
- Water Distribution: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017DistributionExams.asp
- Wastewater Collection: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017CollectionExams.asp
- Wastewater Treatment: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/2017WastewaterTreatmentExams.asp
- Candidate Instructions for ABC Web-Based Examinations
- EOCP Formulae, Conversions, and Abbreviations
- ABC Canadian Formula/Conversion Table for Water Treatment, Distribution and Laboratory Exams
- ABC Canadian Formula/Conversion Table for Wastewater Treatment, Industrial, Collection and Laboratory Exams
- EOCP Conversion Chart
For Small Systems, Industrial Wastewater Treatment, Operator-in-Training, and Bulk Water Delivery check out the options below to learn how to navigate and try sample questions:
- Small Water Systems
- Small Wastewater Systems
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment (coming soon)
- Operator-in-Training (coming soon)
- Bulk Water Delivery (coming soon)
As of January 1, 2018, Operator-in-Training covers all four utilities. The material has been combined into one exam and one certification.
Photo Identification Required to Write Exams
Please ensure you bring valid government issued photo identification with you to your exam. The invigilator will be checking I.D. before your exam can be given to you.
Valid government issued photo I.D.’s are:
- Valid drivers licence
- BC Services card
If you arrive within 30 minutes of the exam start time and have a valid reason for being late, you have the option to write the exam. You will only have the remaining time allotted for the exam session to complete your exam. For example, if you are writing a 3-hour exam and arrive 30 minutes late, you will have 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete your exam.
If you feel you cannot complete your exam in the reduced time, you have the option to reschedule. If you choose to reschedule, a reschedule fee will be charged.
If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the exam start time, you do not have the option to write the exam and will have to reschedule. A reschedule fee will be charged.