This course provides technical training for operating a small water system (a system that serves up to 500 homes). EOCP exam sessions are scheduled in advance for students wanting to write the EOCP Small Water System exam.
- Hydrological cycle and drinking water sources
- System organizational structure and operator responsibilities
- Drinking water legislation and regulations
- Canadian Drinking Water Quality Guidelines
- Water sampling and testing
- Water treatment and chlorination
- Record keeping
- Distribution system operations and maintenance
- Equipment use and maintenance
- Emergency response plans
- Safe work practices
- Math review
Field training is available for this course.