The EOCP Board of Directors
The Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) is incorporated as a not-for profit society under the Societies Act of British Columbia and as such must have a constitution and by-laws that outline the mode of operation of the society including its governance structure. The constitution and by-laws, first written in 1981 and revised twice since indicate that the members of the society, the certified Operators, shall elect all members of a Board of nine (9) Directors from specified backgrounds within the water and wastewater industry.
Potential members of the Board shall be nominated by members of the society in accordance with the constitution and by-laws and the Program’s Elections Policies and Procedure.
Section 25 of our constitution says:
There shall be nine Directors, elected by the members as follows:
- Five members who at the time of their election are certified Operators employed as water, waste, or wastewater Operator or a front line supervisor of water, waste, or wastewater Operators
- One person who is or has been a consultant, directly involved in the water, waste, or wastewater design and/or operation
- One person who is or has been employed in an administrative capacity in a provincial or federal government agency directly involved in the water, waste, or wastewater operation field
- One person who is or has been a representative of a municipality, regional district, or commercial or industrial operation that employs certified Operators and who holds or has held the position of city/regional engineer, director of public works, technical superintendent, or equivalent
- One person who is or has been a faculty or staff member at a post-secondary education institution whose major field of activity is training of water, waste, or wastewater Operators or is a member-at-large who has demonstrated commitment to the training and certification of water, waste, and wastewater operators.
Board of Directors for 2017- 2018
Peter Coxon, Director
Jeff Culhane, Director
Brian Dean, Chair-Elect
Krista Derrickson, Director
Mike Firlotte, Treasurer
Rob Fleming, Chair
Jim McQuarrie, Director
Pat Miller, Past-Chair
Maurice Valcourt, Secretary