2017 BCWWA SCADA & IT Conference
As the result of the success of our previous SCADA & IT workshop held at the Richmond Radisson Hotel Conference Centre in November 2015, we are responding to an overwhelming request to hold our next event themed “SCADA Systems, What`s Next?” at the same venue!
Since many municipalities already own and operate a SCADA system, how has it been leveraged? What makes SCADA tick? What are the basic components of a SCADA system? Does management realize the potential in this enabling technology infrastructure? What are other Municipalities (by size) doing with their SCADA system? Are you a small community interested in SCADA? Is your SCADA system as secure as you think? Are there ways to improve on your SCADA system through the application of new SCADA technologies…. YOU BET!
Additionally, there will be a Manufacturers, Suppliers and Consultants display area complete with food and refreshments. DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!
Event Details and Registration
This specialized workshop will cover:
- Basic SCADA for Operators and Managers
- Why you need a SCADA Master Plan?
- Leveraging Mobile Data Access Technologies to maximize efficiency
- Security for Municipal infrastructure – why do we need it?
- SCADA systems for small communities – Is it feasible?
- Why you need video surveillance to monitor your Municipal Infrastructure
- SCADA and the Cloud, is it marriage in Heaven?
- Leveraging Big Data in building “Smart Cities”
- Natural disasters: Are you ready?
Who should attend?
- Individuals who are already operating or have a SCADA system
- Large and small water systems
- Engineering Management
- Operations Management
- Technicians and Technologists responsible for Utilities SCADA, IT, plant automation, plant operations/maintenance, system integration
|Date:||Day 1: Tuesday November 21, 2017 | 8:00am – 6:00pm
Day 2: Wednesday November 22, 2017 | 8:00am – 3:15pm
Radisson Hotel, Vancouver Airport
8181 Cambie Road, Richmond BC
View driving directions here.
|Registration:||Regular member: $449.00
Regular non-member: $569.00
Regular registration closes November 13, 2017
Review the education program here.
See the speaker bios and abstracts here.