Classification of a water or wastewater facility provides an indication of the degree of knowledge and training that is required of an operator of that facility. The EOCP has been classifying facilities in BC since 1975 using standards adopted by the Association of Boards of Certification.
Facility classifications include small water systems, small wastewater systems, water distribution and treatment systems (Levels I to IV), wastewater collection and treatment systems (Levels I to IV), and industrial wastewater treatment systems (Levels I to IV).
Please contact the EOCP office for details
The following documents must be completed on paper by downloading, and submitting to the EOCP office in order to have a facility classified:
- Wastewater Treatment Facility Classification Form
- Water Treatment Facility Classification Form
- Wastewater Collection System Classification Form
- Water Distribution System Classification Form
- Small Wastewater System Classification Form For classification of Small Wastewater Systems that serve under 500 people
- Small Water System Classification Form For classification of Small Water Systems that serve under 500 people
- DRC Plan for Class II, III, & IV – Click Here
Fees for systems classifications:
- Small Water Systems, Water Distribution Systems, Water Treatment Systems – $50.00 + GST
- Wastewater Collection Systems – $50.00 + GST
- Small Wastewater Treatment Systems – $100.00 + GST
- Wastewater Treatment Systems – Fee based on flow (see table)